Monday, July 9, 2012

Guest Photographer

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by Pike-uliar Gardenings
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA, a photo by Pike-uliar Gardenings on Flickr.


We took a trip a while back, and one of our neighbors decided he should take some pictures of our front yard as it was blooming. He didn't want us to miss anything. I was glad because, once again, I had forgotten to get any pics of the blooming cactus. Thanks Michael!

The prickly pear cactus is native to the Virginia and mid-atlantic area and bees love it. It is easily propagated by just removing a leaf (?) and placing wherever you'd like a new cactus. In fact, I recently sent my nephew, Ian, a few leaves across the country via the USPS and I think he is trying to get them to start in a  pot.

At the very bottom is a Yucca in bloom. Also native. 





No comments:

Post a Comment