Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cucumber Succeeding...So Far

IMG_2276 by Pike-uliar Gardenings
IMG_2276, a photo by Pike-uliar Gardenings on Flickr.
Cucumber is doing quite well here. They are in a pretty good bed - sun in the AM, shade in the PM which is what I've heard plants want. I feel the same way sometimes. Anyway, they are overwhelming a serrano pepper here and some lemon verbena which I suppose I should move. Hmmmm...

The seeds for the cukes were quite old so it was nice to get some plants. Some animal seems to enjoy pinching off or eating the flowers, but I think a few cukes are making it. We planted them years ago as well...but they were overwhelmed by some insect, so we took a break. Hopefully, we will get a few cucumbers and we will have found another squirrel and bunny immune crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment