Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Hear the Rain I Hear the Rain

IMG_0048 by okfuskee
IMG_0048 a photo by okfuskee on Flickr.
Ok, so the garden and mulch paths aren't handling the rain quite like I wanted. An overflow tube runs from the rain barrel and down one of the garden paths. I took a little time to grade that particular path away from the house and to go with the flow of water from the overflow tube. It is kind of working, but it is turning some of the paths into a kind of liquified mulch. In a way, this might be evidence that it is effective and sending the water where I want it to go. I just need to continue the "water path." Right now, it ends prematurely a few feet from where it will eventually end up and so it is kind of backing up and getting stuck mid-garden. Some day, I will try to send it to the very back of the yard - the compost zone. I have heard that in olden times, there was a creek there that got filled in during the 30's/40's.

On the bright side, the basement has not flooded yet. There is a lot less water by the side of the house compared to days of yore. And - overall, the yard feels less waterworld-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment