Sunday, February 6, 2011

Compost...It's What's for Dinner


Deeeeee-licious!
Originally uploaded by okfuskee
Well technically, it's what wasn't quite dinner.

Here's the compost in the Soil Machine 2000 - I made up that 2000 thing to make it sound better. I have been adding ground up leaves and/or dirt with each load of kitchen scraps. It seems to be proceeding well, despite the fact that it is winter. I noticed some worms hopped a ride into the bin on the last shovelful. They will either freeze and add to the mix...or they will help the process. Win/Win...for me...not necessarily for the worms. For them it's a Win/Die.

1 comment:

  1. Worms live to die. Just like the rest of us. So, maybe the fact that they are meeting their deaths while swimming in your super-nutrient composter is a super-win. Under that logic, it is a win-win for both of you! It is ecological world turning at its best. Eco-systems living on the process of life and death. If I go out while eating the meal of my life I will call that poisonous dinner a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete