Friday, April 27, 2012

Drip Irrigation Cut-Off Valve

IMG_2174 by Pike-uliar Gardenings
IMG_2174, a photo by Pike-uliar Gardenings on Flickr.
So I must admit, my drip irrigation installation project has been a bit...ummm..over-enthusiastic and poorly planned. I keep learning as I go, and just jamming stuff together. I have come a long way from last year when I was obsessed about measuring everything. When I was placing the 1/4 inch lines I was just eyeballing all the dimensions. As a result there is a lot of irregularity. Oh well.

One thing I learned is that it is reasonably easy to set up every bed with its own cut-off valve. I have separate 1/2 inch tube running into each bed and the cut-off valve is right up on top and easy to use. Had one of those classic moments when I first turned it on, called Bambi to come watch and nothing happened. I stood waiting for a few momemts before I realized the cut-off valve was in the Off position...whoops!

The valve shown above is a little harder (But not too bad) too install than another one carried by Irrigation Direct. The other one costs a bit more and is also much easier to take apart according to their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment