Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spice Bush

IMG_2031 by Pike-uliar Gardenings
IMG_2031, a photo by Pike-uliar Gardenings on Flickr.
Really enjoying the spice bush this year. The flowers of this thing really "pop" as my eye doctor's glasswear guy might say. They are small, but kind of lime greeny. I like 'em. I have heard these guys produce a "spice-like" smell. Haven't experienced that myself, but who knows. They are also popular among the Swallowtail Butterfly crowd. This thing is a native plant and an early source of pollen. Get yours today!

Special thanks to Johnnie B. for donating the spice bush and to Ryan P. for assisting with the transport and the planting.

2 comments:

  1. I remember moving it. It was a plant. It was nice. The donor was nice too. I also remember a small and cute kid. Spice Bushes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - totally pscyed to see zinny (not sure if you knew at the time that it was no ordinary spicebush, but a "named" spicebush!) doing so well. ...and now famous at that! Clearly zen with his new home.... I am now making plans for "re-naturing" the yard at our new place, and that small kid (still cute, not as small) is threatening to help. He moves mountains with that little plastic shovel....

    that he/she came with athis is such a wonderful zen

    ReplyDelete