Sunday, December 4, 2011

New Soil Machine

IMG_1692 by okfuskee
IMG_1692, a photo by okfuskee on Flickr.
Couldn't stop myself from getting a second Soil Machine composter made by Good Ideas. I got it online from Hayneedle.com because they had a great deal and free shipping so the whole thing only cost $105. It is made in the USA (well the lid might be Canadian, but...) from recycled plastic. It has a very simple design and took only a few minutes to assemble. It seems very durable and has a spigot for compost tea. I decided to build a base for this one - makes it easier to get the compost tea if it is off the ground a bit. Some might say it is tricky to turn after it gets mostly full. I'm ok with that and it makes up for that with it's simplicity and sturdiness. I've seen others with various mechanisms for turning and they always seem like they won't hold up over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment